The European Youth Parliament (EYP) is a peer-to-peer educational programme that inspires and empowers young people from across Europe to be open-minded, tolerant, and active citizens. We provide participants with a forum to develop and express their opinions on a wide range of topics. By bringing young people from different backgrounds together, we build intercultural understanding and friendships across borders. EYP participants and volunteers get equipped with the knowledge and the skills needed to positively shape the world around them. Thousands of young people are actively involved as volunteers all over Europe, making the EYP a genuinely youth-driven programme – run by young people, for young people.
- 1987 – EYP founded in Fontainebleau France
- 1998 – Czech Republic joins the EYP Network and EYP CZ is created
- 2009 – We win the National Charlemagne Youth Prize
- 2017 – Organised one of the largest EYP events in history, IS Brno 2017
- 2017 – We win the National Charlemange Youth Prize
- 2018 – We celebrate 20 years of supporting Czech youth
- 2020 – Over 30 thousand students included since our conception
What We Do
The mission of EYP is to help prepare Czech youth for their academic or professional endeavours. To help achieve this we organise and manage several projects.
- Regional and National Conferences
- School Presentations and Workshops
- Member Development Program
- National and International Partnerships